The 2018 PNCMI (Polarised Neutrons for Condensed-Matter Investigations) International Conference will be held in Milton Hill near Abingdon, UK, on the 3rd - 6th July 2018.
The conference will cover the latest condensed-matter investigations using polarised neutrons and state-of-the-art methodologies and techniques of polarised-neutron production and utilisation for novel instrumentation and experiments, with emphasis on prospects for new science and instrument concepts as well as combining neutrons with complementary techniques and in-situ secondary measurements.
PNCMI is the most comprehensive conference on the latest scientific research using polarised neutrons and on related instrumentation development. The topics will include:
- Multiferroics and chiral magnetic structures
- Strongly correlated electron systems, including superconductors
- Highly Frustrated Magnetism
- Magnetic nanomaterials
- Thin films and multilayers
- Soft matter and biology
- Instrumentation and methods, including nuclear polarisation, Larmor techniques, and depolarisation
The conference will include a tour of the polarised-neutron facilities at the ISIS Neutron and Muon Facility at the Rutherford Appleton Laboratory. There will also be a Polarized Neutron School for students held before the main meeting on the 1st – 2nd of July 2018 at ISIS.