Contributions for oral and poster presentations are invited in any of the topics listed below.
Abstracts should be a maximum of one page of A4 including references and figures and prepared using the template below. Abstracts should be submitted online.
Click here to download the template
Click here to submit an abstract
- Data Analysis
- Functional Materials Science
- Fundamental Physics
- Magnetic Structures
- Nano-structures and thin-films
- Methods and Devices
- Polarized Neutron Instrumentation
- Quantum and Frustrated Magnetism
- Soft Matter and Biology
- Strongly Correlated Electron Materials
Guidelines for abstract file preparation
- Length: 1 A4 page including all figures, text and references
- File format: .pdf and .docx
- Page layout: A4 paper (N.B. not US Letter), 25mm margins, no page numbers or running heading/footers
- Font: Times New Roman
- Title: include the full title in the submission file, do not use all caps.
- Authors and affiliations: include full names of all co-authors and corresponding affiliations, with presenting author underlined
- Abstract text: single line spaced
- Abstract figures/references: include an informative caption for any figure, scheme, or illustration in your abstract. Note that abstracts may be reproduced in black and white, so check any colour figures to be sure they remain intelligible in greyscale
Information for submitting your abstract
If you have previously submitted an abstract or registered to attend an IOP Conference, please log in. For new users you will need to create an account. If you have forgotten your password, you can request details from the login page. Please note your submission will not be completed until you reach the "submission confirmation" page.
- Enter your abstract title
- Indicate whether the work is predominantly student work
- Upload your file in the correct format (.pdf or .doc)
- Enter the corresponding and presenting author. All co-authors should be included within your abstract file.
- Review your submission and select submit
The corresponding author will receive an email confirming the submission. If you do not receive an email, your abstract may not have been received and you are advised to contact the conferences team by email to email@example.com or by telephone to +44 (0)20 7470 4800.
Authors can amend their submission up until the abstract submission deadline.
Click here to amend your abstract submission